My heart goes out to Kelly of The Kelly Diane Report for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award! It is wonderful to know my words help spread sunshine and smiles.
The Kelly Diane Report is an abundant exploration of lifestyle, self-care, and ways to give unique gifts, so be sure to check her writing space out!
The Rules of this Award:
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 people and ask them new 11 questions.
- Notify the nominees by commenting on one of their posts.
- List the rules and display the sunshine blogger award in your post.
- If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?
I have travelled very little and, due to the pandemic, am not likely to be going anywhere soon. I currently love traveling through photographs, food, and the evocative writing of travel, food, and memoir writing. However, if I could travel, to New Zealand I would go. The greenery is stunning and the rumored peace of the place inspiring!
2. What are you most looking forward to this month?
This February I look forward to new calls for submissions and new opportunities to evolve in the way I write and what I share. Great plans are fermenting for something as new as a newsletter, though I am torn between what platform to use and the realistic-ness of it.
3. What’s your favorite drink?
It is so hard to pinpoint one drink, but I am truly a hot cocoa lover. I have been spotted making it even on the hottest of summer days! Tied with hot cocoa is a frozen peanut banana chocolate chip smoothie.
4. What inspired you to start blogging?
I started blogging, in all honesty, because I had something to say and I wanted to share my voice with the world. The simplicity of Nin Chronicles’ beginning continuously inspires me to keep evolving and growing to fit my writing vision of the future. Like drafts, it changes!
5. How do you balance your blog with other aspects of life such as a job?
For years now I have given myself two hours a day to be online. In two hours, I write, submit, and socialize. What I do not get done in one day must wait until the next. This helps me focus on writing when I am online and life when I am not.
6. Which achievement are you proud of most?
Right now I am proud that I have repeatedly found the courage to step out of my comfort zone and submit and connect with new places and people. I am proud that my writing is included in two print books and is forthcoming in a third!
7. You’ve won the lottery. What would you do with the money?
Golly! Finally I stumble. What would I do with the money? I think I would start my own publishing house. I am extremely picky in what I love in what I read and watch so I would need to be able to afford to be choosy in what I published.
8. If you could give another blogger one valuable piece of advice, what would it be?
Share what you know. If you want to share all the blogging advice in the world and are not yet a blogger, share it from the perspective of someone who is learning as they go, not as an expert. Be honest with yourself and your community. For example, I have started sharing the tips that have helped me grow as a poet now because only now, two years later, can I say I have learned by the advice I am sharing.
9. What is your favorite meal?
I cannot pick a favorite meal. I enjoy a diverse variety of foods and textures, tastes, and smells. The only thing I do not enjoy is too much spice!
10. Who is your celebrity crush?
This is me admitting I was once in love with both Orlando Bloom and Lee Pace, in that order, after Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit came out. I also entertained fantasies of Leonard Nimoy and Richard Armitage, though my crushes only ever existed to satisfy my love of fan fiction!
11. What is your favorite season and why?
I was born a summer girl and I am a summer girl, but I love the beginning of spring when the most lovely shade of new green takes over all the trees in the Blue Ridge. The air is cool, though not yet warm enough to go about without a cardigan. The world is fresh and promising.
Related: Sunshine Blogger Award
- What is your favorite song and why?
- Do you love to cook? I mean, do you LOVE to cook?
- What motivates you?
- How do you make peace with writer’s block?
- What is your favorite snack and why?
- What do you think about the state of the world?
- Where do you want to take your writing/blogging?
- Who is your favorite cartoon character?
- How do you practice self-care?
- Sweet or unsweet coffee/tea?
- Do you ever dance with wild abandon? I mean WILD abandon!
Finally, as you regular readers may know, I have stopped listing my nominees by name. I believe many people are left out of receiving the recognition they deserve for the effort that goes into their writing so I leave this as an open nomination. If you bring a smile to just your face at least once a day, you are nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award.
I know I often feel shy accepting open invitations to nominations, so perhaps you are hesitating. Be bold. Be brave. Practice a form of self love today by realizing you do deserve this.
May the words flow!
Love what you read here? Become a patron!