I am delighted to have been nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award and extend my thanks to Ariel from The Book View for this amazing nomination! Ariel shares honest and inspiring book reviews and never fails to share new books and authors, so be sure to visit her world of words.
About This Award:
This award is given to bloggers by bloggers, who in turn pass it on to their fellow bloggers. The Award promotes community and shows us just how far one little thing can go as each nominee shares the love further.
- Thank the person who nominated you and include the link to their site.
- Post the award banner somewhere on your blog.
- Share the reason why you started your blog.
- Share two pieces of advice that could benefit new bloggers.
- Nominate a maximum of fifteen other bloggers.
- Tell your nominees about your award post so they can participate!
Why I blog
I am writer. I have always been a writer. I started Nin Chronicles because I have something to say. Through my love of sharing what I write and my greater love of writing, Nin Chronicles grew from an un-focused jumble of bad haikus and scribbled thoughts on family into what you see now.
I say writers are parents as a tribute to those people who put their heart not only into their words but also into their families.
Two Pieces of Advice for New Bloggers
- Blog because you love it. The pressure to do as well as bigger bloggers is pressure we all end up putting on ourselves. Be here not for the money or the stats or the gifted products, but for sharing what you believe in and love. This does not mean you should not work towards building a community and achieving your blogging dreams. You should, but do it for the right reasons. Also remember to be proud of yourself every time you achieve something.
- Do not force yourself into things. I should have a newsletter. I want to have a newsletter but the reality is I do not have time to create and write a newsletter. So I do not have a newsletter right now. And that is okay. Do what you have time for and do not guilt yourself for what you cannot do right now. All things are worked toward.
Read my previous Blogger Recognition Award post for two past pieces of advice for new bloggers!
I want to nominate my nominees differently than I usually do. Normally I create a list of set people to receive this award. In doing so, I probably miss out on sharing the recognition with many of you who are tirelessly working at your writing and pouring your hearts into your words. So this time I open the Blogger Recognition Award doors to you all.
If you are reading this, you are nominated.
I know I often feel shy and undeserving of accepting open invitations to nominations from fellow bloggers, so I know you are hesitating.
Stop hesitating! You deserve this.