Gratitude to Tamra from The Nurturing Parent for this unexpected nomination! It brings me joy to know she was nominated, for her writing for new and existing parents deserves rivers of recognition. I am happy to share in the love and, in turn, pass it on to others so they too may feel sunshine.
About The Award:
This award is given to bloggers by the bloggers, who, in turn, pass it on to more bloggers. The Award promotes community and shows us just how far one little thing can go as each nominee shares the love further.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and add a link to their site.
- Write a post on your site displaying the award.
- Share why you started your blog.
- Share two pieces of advice for the new bloggers.
- Nominate and notify 11-15 other bloggers.
Why I Blog:
Writing is in my blood. I started by dabbling with pen and ink as I wrote toward discovering what I had to say. I found my voice through a single post and Nin Chronicles was born through my need to share it.
Some people believe one must have a niche to blog. Nin Chronicles is what it is because one may be a writer but still be a parent. Writers Are Parents.
My Advice For New Bloggers:
- Do not worry about niche. Focus on the writing and what is in your heart to create. As you continue to write, you will find both your voice and your place in the huge sea that makes up the ever-shifting waves of the blogosphere.
- Never give up. So many times I felt like my writing was worth nothing and my voice had no value because of posts others had written that set the “rules” for blogging in black and white. I did not have a niche. I was not putting hours of stress and worry into keywords and optimization. I pushed past the little demons telling me to give up; that I was not being listened to for lack of expertise and polish and I kept going. I kept going and I found my community. Never give up. Your community is out there but only if you go looking.
S.S Mitchell: I love the way she explores the craft of writing.
Jenny In Neverland: No matter what she writes, her posts always come out engaging and true to the person I see her to be.
Glow Steady: Her parfait recipes are beautiful; recipe to photo.
Ckonfab: Inspiring poetry is shared here.
Blind Wilderness: Her haiku’s never fail to inspire me.
Typewriters And Ink: Exquisite fiction and poetry, never lacking in prose.
Musings Of Brown Girls: Definite musings sharing the value of boundaries and self-love.
Reflections On Existence: Poems that change the meaning of the word life.
Seoul Sister: In seventeen syllables, she says so much.
My Anamorphic Dream: Where fiction gathers.
Thoughts And Entanglements: I love the vivid images and poetry shared here.
And so we come to the end of this, my third award nomination. Here is to hoping you learned something new. May the words flow!